Inquires about Gwaltney Symposium cancellation

From: Reggie Ponder (reginald.ponder@marc.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 15:53:17 EEST

I'd like to take this opportunity to address the masses regarding the
Gwaltney Symposium cancellation. First of all, nothing real serious
has happened. Canceling at this date means most of the work was
already done (...by speakers, exhibitors and us at GT), we just didn't
get the response we'd enjoyed in previous years. You know we like
putting on an excellent show! Secondly, the slow registration returns
coupled with plain old bad timing with IMTS and AUTOFACT '98 caused
us the rethink putting on the show this year.

The bottom line was that with 3 weeks to go, we had less than 20% of
the seats filled, that means the ratio of speakers/exhibitors to attendees
was about 2:1. I'd also like to know how many of you planned to attend?

Thanks

Reginald D. Ponder
Laboratory Manager
Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Institute
Georgia Institute of Technology
Manufacturing Research Center
813 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0406