Re: Wax casting

From: John Male (jmale01@buckscol.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:47:01 EEST

Susantha,

If the mould isn't filling completely, you could try heating it to stop
the wax from freezing off. We've had similar problems injecting wax into
silicon rubber moulds, especially if the part has thin wall thicknesses.
We've found that heating the mould to about 40-50 celsius normally
results in good parts, although I'm not sure how the LOM part will react
to being heated up. Obviously, the down side of heating the tool is that
the cooling times go up.
I hope this helps.

John

--