Wax casting

From: S.A.D.P.Susantha (msa78492@ait.ac.th)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 09:12:13 EEST

Dear list,

I used LOM tool (mold) to cast wax patterns for investment casting. I used
lacquer and sand paper to polish the mold. Due to the un proper seating and
gating system I couldn't cast the wax pattern correctly. The cavity is not
filled by the wax completely. Is there any one has experience regarding
that kind work. Is there another method to finish the mold? I appreciate
your kind suggestion and the experience.

Kind regards

Susantha

S.A.D.P.SUSANTHA
MAIL BOX NO 294 SCHOOL OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DIVISION OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEM
P.O. BOX NO 4 ENGINEERING
KLONG LUANG - 12120
PATHUMTHANI, THAILAND
E-MAIL: msa78492@ait.ac.th