Re: TPE's

From: RoyJRATC@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 16:20:15 EEST

In a message dated 8/27/98 1:30:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SMata@SeattleLH.com writes:

<< Overmolding usually involves injection molding
 in a rigid base resin and then molding over that part with a softer,
 flexible TPE. Again, this is a very basic overview of the process from a
 high volume manufacturing aspect. I do not know how TPE's fit into the
 rp world. >>
 One of My customers, Phoenix Electronics, in Highland, NY specializes in
prototype & short run overmolding, particularly on connectors & other
traditionally difficult to over mold parts. If you're interested, I suggest
you contact them directly. Try: Randy Barcomb (Phoenix Cable) 914-691-6253

Roy Sheppard Jr.
Atlantic Technical Components
269 Heather Lane
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417