SLA500 Solid State Upgrade

From: Deak, Steve (SDeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 00:03:02 EEST

My previous posting asked for input regarding the interest in a solid-state
laser upgrade for the SLA500. My intent was to perhaps have enough interest
in this type of upgrade to convince 3D Systems to offer such an upgrade.
You see, if one performs this on your own, you void your machine
maintenance/warranty.

Since the potential cost range is US100K -US$150K, including resin (I think
DuPont/Lyconix was $US99K), the responses were very low. There were 11
replies interested in such an upgrade if 3D Systems were to "sanction" it.
I was surprised since I spoke with more users than this at the 3DSNASUG who
were very interested.

Evidently the need is not there as I had assumed. Thanks to all who
responded.

Steve Deak e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Manager-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro, Incorporated fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 USA "Our Business is FUN!"