Re: Rapid tooling (Keltool)

From: interpro (interpro@uconect.net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 05:45:20 EEST

Bill, Ron,

We are a product development organization using SLA , Actua 2100 and the
Camattini Protomix along with Pro/Engineer to make rapid tooling inserts in
aluminum and other alloys. Using these tools, InterPRO has produced low
cost rapid tools that have yielded, for example, 400 Lexan parts with
tolerance of plus/minus 5 thou in roughly two weeks. These parts are being
used for functional test, customer evaluation, pilot production, FDA
approval, etc.
InterPRO is also a reseller for 3D Systems and Camattini. One of our
customers is using their Actua with Solidworks to produce injection mold
prototypes in roughly one week. Another uses Actua to build the
core/cavity that will be used directly to cast urethane, bypassing the
creation of a silicon mold. This produces same day functional cast parts
from CAD. Actua's excellent surface and detail make it an excellent
process for the application of tooling, whether by Keltool, rubber molding
or other means.
Hope this helps.
Kevin Dyer
InterPRO Rapid Techologies