RE: Numbers of RP machines installed globally.

From: Terry Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 23:26:12 EEST

Pat Dunne wrote:

> Rapid Prototyping (RP) Unit Sales Worldwide
>
> Year Units Sold
> 88 34
> 89 104
> 90 114
> 91 82
> 92 111
> 93 157
> 94 321
> 95 522
> 96 787
> 97 1057
>
> Source: Prototyping International April/June '98

This information was indeed published in the April/June 1998 issue of
Prototyping Technology International. The source of the numbers, however,
is Wohlers Associates, Inc. The numbers were taken from the 204-page Rapid
Prototyping & Tooling State of the Industry: 1998 Worldwide Progress
Report. If anyone has questions about the data, let me know.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park
1511 River Oak Drive