RE: TACTILE GRAPHICS PRINTER PRESS RELEASE

From: Robert Jaquiss (robertj@teleport.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 17:59:34 EEST

Hello Everyone:

     In answer to the question posed by Karl Denton from the RP list.
Most of the lists I cross posed the press release to are within the
Blindness or Special Ed communities. The one exception is the RP-ML list
wich deals with the Rapid Prototyping (RP) industry. For those of you
outside the RP industry I offer the following brief explanation:

     There is a variety of technologies that can produce three dimensional
models under computer control. These technologies are used for producing
molds, and parts. Parts are used as prototypes to ensure that they will
fit together before expensive tooling is produced. It is possible for a
person to design a model on a computer, and then send the file to a
machine just like sending a file to a printer. Instead of paper, the
machine produces three dimensional models. There were presentations on
Rapid Prototyping technoligy at the National Federation of the Blind
convention recently held in Dallas Texas.

        Robert Jaquiss

robertj@teleport.COM Public Access User --- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-14400, N81)