Re: CAM--Iges STL

From: Bert VandenBerg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 16:16:31 EEST

If we are going to move past STL then it makes sense to go to STEP
rather than IGES
- STEP is inherently a BREP solid modeller with NURB surface features
- IGES is inherently a surface modeller (last time I looked) with many
types of surfaces.
Unfortunately both are more complex to process than STL files.

my 2Cents

        bert

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com