artist wants carved styrene shapes

From: sharon (shar@hypercon.com)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 01:41:07 EEST

I am an artist looking for ways to output my 3-d images. I am interested in
a computer process whereby large blocks of polystyrene are cut (or
hot-wired) according to the data in the CAD drawing. I use a program
(macromedia extreme 3-D) to design biormorphic forms and I am interested in
going directly from the computer files to a mechanical process. I am
actually very interested in ANY options that would be feasable and available
to me as an individual designer. I am looking for general information about
the subject of 3D printing and output methods in general.