Re: IGES to STL

From: Chris B ClodFelter (chris_b_clodfelter_at_clos-us-eva-po01@smtp.rexam.com)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 17:47:17 EEST

Our site makes SLA parts for other plants in our corporate group. Occasionally,
we will get an IGES file from a customer to build an SLA. We first ask if their
system can output a .stl file. If they do not have this capability, and the
file is not watertight, we have used a service bureau to convert the file.

So far, they have not charged us anything, because they said it did not take
enough time to warrant sending us a bill. They have not told we which software
they use, but it sounds much easier than patching small holes in IGES files to
create a solid.

If you have to convert many IGES-STL files, I would contact one of these firms
and find out which software they use for this. I hope the service bureau firms
on this list will reply, because this software would be useful, if the cost is
not too high.

Chris Clodfelter
812-868-2249