Re: Investment Casting

From: cirp GmbH (cirp.gmbh@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jun 20 1998 - 21:07:56 EEST

Marshall Burns schrieb:
> Shreyas J Bakshi wrote:
>
> > We have a FDM 1650 with investment casting wax head. We are looking for
> > a small investment casting equipment to support this facility. I would
> > appreciate if any user can share his experience in this aspect. Also,
>
> I am also interested in the responses to this question. Not that we
> intend to do investment casting at Ennex, but I am interested in what might
> be meant by a "small" investment casting facility. Foundries I have seen
> are all big, dirty, factories. Is there a more office-friendly way to do
> investment casting if your patterns are small?
>
> --
> Marshall Burns
> Marshall@Ennex.com

> ***** ENNEX(TM) CORPORATION
> ***** Fabbing the Future(TM)
> ***** 10911 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 332, Los Angeles, U.S.A. 90024
> ***** Phone: +1 (310) 824-8700. Fax: +1 (310) 824-5185
> ***** E-mail: Fabbers@Ennex.com. Web site: http://www.Ennex.com

Dear Marshall Burns, dear RP-list,

we are a engineering- and RP-service bureau in Stuttgart (Germany) and we are
the first user of a special vacuum casting system called "SpeedVac" to produce
metall parts.
The process is similar to the investment casting, only under vacuum. The
tolerances of the mold parts are still the same like investment castings. But we
can realize a wallthickness down to 0,5 mm (depending on the metal).
The maximum partsize is about 260 x 260 x 350 mm.
We can use the following metalls (and their alloys) in our system:
        - aluminium
        - zinc
        - tin
        - copper
        - bronze
        - brass
        - magnesium

For more informations about metal parts, sterolithography or vacuum casting
please contact us:

CIRP GmbH
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Bayer
Schulze-Delitzsch-Strasse 16
D-70565 Stuttgart (Germany)
Phone: ++49 711 78896-0
Fax: ++49 711 78896-50
e-mail: cirp.gmbh@t-online.de

For more informations about the SpeedVac-System please contact:

SpeedForm GmbH
Herrn Notar
Filchnerstrasse 16
D-89231 Neu-Ulm (Germany)