ATTN: Ralph Knorpp, RE: stl file comparison

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 08:09:59 EEST

Ralph:

The "BESTFIT" Catia function was developed by Walter W. Wilson (formerly of
General Dynamics, from what I've heard he's the "Father of computer-based
best-fit algorithmns") years ago for a military contract, the F-16 I
believe. Since Cessna was owned by General Dynamics in the 1980's we
inherited this software. Since it was developed under a military contract,
I believe it's still proprietary but you can try to contact Walter W. Wilson
at wwilson3@csc.com and see if it's available for purchase. From what I've
heard, Computer Sciences Corporation (www.csc.com), the current owner of
it, is no longer interested in supporting it so this may be a dead end.
Good luck and let me know what you find out....

As far as the color mapping inspection programs, see my earlier e-mail to
Gautham on the rp-ml.

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft Co.