AW: Question about metals

From: Shellabear, Michael (Shellabear@EOS-GmbH.de)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 11:16:24 EEST

Marshall,

EOS has sold around 30 EOSINT M systems in 10 countries, all of which
are exclusively used for direct metal laser sintering (DMLS). The
primary application is direct rapid tooling for injection moulding.

A typical service bureau currently uses about 30 kg of metal powder per
month, although this is less than the maximum throughput of the machine.
As unsintered powder is 100% recycled, this also corresponds to the
useful output of the machine.

Will you be publishing the results of this research?

Best Regards,

Mike

Dr. Mike Shellabear
Assistant to the Management Board