Re: advise

From: Greg Pettengill (greg_p@indirect.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 23:48:55 EEST

Ccas.bridge@facilnet.com wrote:

> Greg.
>
> My name is Ricardo Romero, my Email is ccas.bridge@facilnet.com
>
> I live in Venezuela and I am currently involved in a project for low
> income families that deserve medical attention and can not afford it.
>
> Even though I am a Civil Egineer, I have close ties with physicians to
> develop a program to locally manufacture prosthesis (orthopedical) at
> low cost.
>
> As I searched the web, I found your page and I though you could help.
>
> In short, what I need is
>
> a) From two X-ray pictures (orthogonal), scan those prints and create a
> digital mesh in 3 D of the patient's bone
> b) digitalize a standard prosthesis and modified it in my PC to fit the
> patient's bone
> c) mill it using the information of the "personalized " prosthesis.
>
> I see in your web page that equipment and software for processes b and c
> seems to be readily available.
>
> How about part a ?.
>
> Please respond to this mail. Your expertise and advise is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> R.Romero

 Hi Ricardo,
I will be happy to help you with this project in any way I can.

I have not worked with X-ray applications before so I think that I may have
more questions to ask then I can answer for you. But I'm sure that there
are
people on the RPLM (Rapid Prototypeing Mailing List) that are very
knowledgeable about it.

I do know that CT scan data is often used for getting 3D models. I am not
sure what you mean by "orthogonal".

Best Regards

--
Greg Pettengill