voxel modeling research

From: Ronaldo Mercado (cae97rm@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 20:48:28 EEST

Dear list subscribers,

I am currently undertaking my masters thesis with the subject "Voxel
Modeling for Rapid Manufacturing applications"

My initial research goal is to summarize the state of the art in
voxel modeling technologies. I am interested in inhomogeneous
objects, multiple and graded (mixed) material objects, in particular
the RP-methods to produce such objects and the representation in a CAD/CAM
environment (software representation issues). As this seems to be
most feasible to do using voxels, I am currently looking at this.
At a later stage I will also look at visualization issues.

I would appreciate it if you could refer me to current research projects,
products and other material I should have a look at, or
people I should write to.

Thank you for your help.

Ronaldo Mercado

Ronaldo Mercado <cae97rm@dmu.ac.uk>
School of Design and Manufacture, Imaging Research Centre, Hawtorn Building,
De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH, United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)116 275 7574