Credit were credit is due

From: Terry Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 20:44:41 EEST

Albert Young wrote:

> vision. The two principal founders of this industry were Kodama, of
> Japan, and Herbert, of the U.S.A. Of course, there are many others that
> deserve credit for their contributions to the commercialization of RP

I'm sure many will agree that several individuals deserve credit for the
birth of this fine industry. I expect some might be thinking that while
Kodama and Herbert indeed were among the first to develop RP-related
methods and publish details on them, their work stopped fairly soon
thereafter. Years ago, Herbert explained to me that he wanted to continue
his work, but his company would not support him. Not to downplay his or
Kodama's contributions, but neither were involved in the commercialization
of an RP product and, to the best of my knowledge, neither are developing
and promoting RP today. Webster says that birth is the act of bringing
forth offspring and Chuck Hull definitely brought forth offspring that he
and others are continuing to nurture today.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
twohlers@compuserve.com