Re: Slice to CAD File Software

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 19:59:22 EEST

I've been using NUAGES (it's freely downloadable from the web) to create
STL files from contour data, but the I've been having problems getting
valid STL files from it, and it requires a specific input format for the
contours, which is fully described in the help files, but is not a
standard slice format. It also can output DXF, VRML, OBJ, and some
other formats...I've never tried those. What is your input data format?

-Justin

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA wrote:

> -- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> I am looking for a supplier (source) who has software to convert a stack
> of slice files (representing the layers of a 3D model or pattern) into a
> useful CAD file format. Do you know of software to perform this
> operation?
>
> Regards,
> Al Hastbacka

Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34
         There are two rules for ultimate success in life:
                1. Never tell everything you know.