Re: STL file generation

From: Rich Leyden (av680@lafn.org)
Date: Sun May 31 1998 - 03:33:47 EEST

There are two freeware programs which may help you. One is STL_Util which
reads and writes stl, dxf, and obj, writen by B.Michel in VB (although the
source code is not distributed). The other is Xroads by Keith Rule
(http://www.europa.com/~keithr/Crossroads/index.html) which reads and writes a
number of formats including VRML , dxf , and obj (but not STL). I've used
these two programs together in a two step process to go from VRML to STL.
Perhaps you could contact one or both of these authors and work something out.

Rich Leyden

--
Rich Leyden
av680@lafn.org  or rich.leyden@cibasc.com