RE: RP on TV

From: Hoppe, David (David.Hoppe@msfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 18:35:11 EEST

Doug,

You did indeed see a model of the shuttle rising up out of a vat of resin on
a SLA250 machine on this commercial. There is also a short clip of a slice
computer image later on. Discovery Channel shot some footage at Marshall
Space Flight Center a few months ago for this program. Although I am not
sure what will be shown, they filmed some time lapse of the SLA and FDM
building process, some clips of LOM, and some narratives from a couple of
the people who work in the Rapid Prototyping Lab here at MSFC. For more
information on rapid prototyping at NASA/MSFC see our web page at:

http://nasarp.msfc.nasa.gov/

David T. Hoppe
David.Hoppe@msfc.nasa.gov