Re: 3-D Scanning Device

From: Doug Mitchell (dmitchel@ford.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 20:06:17 EEST

Page Johnson wrote:

> I am looking to purchase a 3-D scanning device and am currently aware of the
> company "Cyberware" and the products they offer. Are there other companies
> in this market with simiilar products that I could compare in terms of price
> or capabilities verses the Cyberware equipment?

Page,

What is your application? I can tell you about several different
types of scanners (aka digitizers, cmm, and several other names).
Are you interested in optical, laser, touch probe, photogrammetric?
Portable or fixed?

The CyberWare is a non-contact laser scanner.

--
Doug Mitchell
Ford Motor Company