Re: Problem with Buildstation Software 4.1.1. (SLA-500)

From: Brian T Pardo (btpardo@sandia.gov)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 01:17:36 EEST

     Paul,

     We had a similar problem...during long builds the layer times would
     get longer and longer until finally the computer completely locked up.
     The answer to this problem was to make sure the entry "busmaster" is
     set to "no" in the NT3.51 Registry --
     KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/EI59x1/Parameters,
     also check under "System" in "Control Panel" and make sure there is an
     entry "NEWDRIFT = ON". The busmaster was the only item we had to add,
     and so far it has taken care of the problem.

     Good Luck,

     Brian T. Pardo
     Sandia National Laboratories
     P.O. Box 5800