OFFTOPIC: Alternate input devices for SGI Octanes/Alias

From: Sean Ryan (ryan@rtp.ericsson.se)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 16:08:11 EEST

Hello,

Sorry for the off topic item, but I'm looking for an
alternate to the standard SGI Octane mouse. A person I
know is looking for something different from the
standard PC-looking mouse due to their wrist hurting.

Does something like a Logitech Trackman Marble (optical)
work in an SGI/Alias config (alias is the software)?
We will also call the SGI folks or just buy one and
try it. Any experiences with other input devices will be
welcomed.

Just thought someone in the three groups would have already
run into a similar situation.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Ryan
Senior Technical Leader