Re: software???

From: Bert VandenBerg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 15:51:58 EEST

Jim Payne wrote:

> I am looking for a reasonable software (price and use)
> that can manipulate an STL file so you can better its resolution
and get
> rid of large facets.

You might try Imedit from Innovmetric (www.innovmetric.com). It is a
polygon model editting tool, that has polynomial patch functions for
refining/sculpting surface detail. It's companion IMcompress allows for
polygon reduction based on the # of triangles, or a chordal deviation
tolerance.

(Hymarc is a distributor of this product, or you can talk to innovmetric
;-) ).

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com
Hymarc Ltd.                           http://www.hymarc.com