RE: Selling RP, color questions

From: Bauer Juergen (Juergen.Bauer@SPY.SIEMENS.DE)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 11:56:23 EEST

When I read about the "project and rubber-stretch image data on facetted
geometry" - idea, I fee uncomfortable.
The problem is like in 3D scanning - you have to solve the problem for
all geometrical cases, including undercuts, hollow parts, complicated
technical geometry or even medical files derived from CT data.

You are only able to apply this technique in a very limited region where
the surface is convex, i.e. one bitmap for each STL triangle.
What do you think ?

Regards

Juergen Bauer
Siemens AG, EC CS A PD, Siemensstr. 13, 67346 Speyer, Germany
E-Mail Juergen.Bauer@spy.siemens.de
Tel. +49 6232 30 2501 Fax +49 6232 30 2110