Re: Request for some informations

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 18:49:21 EEST

>> Q1.2: Is manufacturing with a variable layer thickness a general practice
>> and if not, why!
>>
>It is not general practice to my knowledge, but many people have thought
>about implementing it. lets hear what the list says ;-)

Kamesh Tata wrote and holds a patent on Adaptive slicing and I have made
many models using this software on a SLA-250. It takes less time to build
such a model since it can vary the thickness and build thicker layers when
the geometry is not changing.

Kamesh works for Plynetic Express and is on this list.

Elaine
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html