Re: a idea for an evolution

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 20:48:10 EEST

> Now your starting to sound like you have waaaayyyyy too much time on your
>hands.....but I'll bite. Give me a couple of days on this one.

I don't have too much time I just like to take the opposite path and see
where it leads.

If you took a 3d printer (current technology) and gave it to everyone in
the world, what would they do with it? If RP&M is only for the affluent
then how long will you remain affluent enough to use the technology. All I
am asking is that this list think as a group about how RP&M can assist
everyone even if they have few resources on hand. Can it make food? tools?
clothing?

Is there a market for such a device? So far we've determined that the women
would survive but the men would only die smiling.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html