Re: Where does RP take us?

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 11:04:16 EEST

At 9:05 PM -0600 26/4/98, Oystein Asphjell wrote:

>I am preparing a paper on "The Personal Factory",
>with emphasis on the role of todays manufacturer as merely a supplier of
>information and data in the future. I try to make some projections of what
>impact a "3D Printer" in every home will have on inventors, manufacturers,
>distributors, retailers, customers, users, liability laws, copyrights, etc.
>etc.

List member Brock Hinzmann of SRI wrote a long article called "The Personal
Factory", which I had translated and published in a local magazine. Brock's
article, which used to be available on MCB's website and may still be
there, addresses the same points you raise. If Brock himself doesn't
respond, I can send you a copy of the original article or the Italian
translation . . . (Marshall Burns' book has also been translated into
Italian ;-) and discusses some of these issues, as Michael Rees has
already pointed out).

Yakov Horenstein
Milano, Italy