Propylene Glycol use with Ciba resins

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Apr 25 1998 - 09:05:12 EEST

Dear RP-MLer's:

Has anybody tried propylene glycol for postprocessing of Ciba resins yet?
(Michelle Wyatt from Dupont in a previous e-mail said they had used it with
success on the Somos resins). I received a quart sample bottle from
Huntsmen Chemical but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

What's everybody using out there - TPM or isopropyl alcohol? We're
currently using isopropyl with some success but even with good ventilation
the fumes are getting to us - we are processing some very large pieces,
approx 15-19" long, so we have a lot of resin stripping to do!

Any suggestions?

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft
e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net