Re: RP Quiz...!

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 13:18:20 EEST

>Greeting Fellow RPers!
>
>I have a three questions which I need help on, if there is anyone out
>there that can help it will be much appreciated.
>
>Q1) What is the most accurate and least accurate RP systems and what are
>the associated accuracies.
>
>Q2) I am also trying to locate any research work that is being
>undertaken to improve the accuracy of current systems, either by process
>improvements or the development of new technologies.
>
>Q3) The RP techniques available today are additive methods, does anyone
>know of any subtractive methods that are being used in the RP world or
>that have been used and were a flop???
>
>Thanks
>
>Jay Ravat

Dear Jay,

On question 3:
You are referring to RP using CNC milling machines.
This is certainly an accepting method, showing both advantages
and disadvantages (great resp small ;-) compared to additive methods.
For mere information: please take a look at our Web Site.

Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling
mailto:info@spline.nl
website:http://www.deskproto.com