Re: joke of the week (I did not write this)

From: Maurizio Bertoldi (bertoldi@uic.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 18 1998 - 02:07:36 EEST

Hi everybody,
I looks like everybody didn't agree with Vivek point of view.
I don't think that a joke in the mailing list is a problem,
but to me it is a little bit too much to speak of "cultural respect" and
"just another Phd is what we needed". Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that
Vivek knows how to "get a life" by himself.
Please, respect the ideas of everybody; I don't think that he should have
sent his message only to Elaine, he is talking about something that
affects all the subscribers.
In the last past weeks, I haven't seen a lot of interesting topics in the
mailing list, so I don't think we need jokes to lower the level of stress
or things like that.

BTW, the girlfriend joke is --- REALLY -- old !!!!
Best regards,
Maurizio

Maurizio Bertoldi E-mail: bertoldi@uic.edu

University of Illinois at Chicago
Manufacturing Processes Laboratory (room 1036)
Department of Mechanical Engineering (MC 251)
842 West Taylor Street Phone: (312) 413.7408
Chicago, IL 60607-7022 Fax: (312) 413.0447