Re: SLA 250 Vat Growth

From: Joe DeGuglielmo (jfdegug@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 06:29:36 EEST

Mark,
Your getting laser scatter. A reflection of the laser is hitting the resin
surface when ever the beam is in the rest position and the shutter is opened.
Have your FE identify the reflective surface and either paint it with a flat
black paint or move the beam position to reduce or hopefuly remove the
reflection. You can also attach a piece of angled sheet metal to the side of
the vat to block the scatter until the FE fixes it. Another remedy is to take a
piece a black plastic about a half inch thick and drill a 1/4" hole partially
through it. Then place the plastic it the build chamber so the beam rests
inside the hole while in the rest position. This will trap the beam inside the
hole and away from the surface of the resin. This is a condition that should
not be neglected because you will eventually destroy your resin. I hope this
has been helpful

--

Regards, Joe DeGuglielmo