5 AXIS mills

From: michael rees (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 00:32:53 EEST

Dear List,

This is a little off topic for RP, but I felt some would have some
insight for leads in the area.

I am interested to learn more about 5 axis milling. Particularly the
large scale applications (I've seen web sites with machine build
envelopes of 10x5x5(z) feet.)

Whats the current wisdom on 5 axis mills vs 5 axis lathes--aren't they
essentially the same thing at that point?

Can anyone give a lead on companies doing this kind of work? Maybe a 5
axis large scale bureau? Any leads are most appreciated.

best,

--
michael rees SCULPTOR 		http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/
1212 w 8th St. Bldg B #2, 	816 753 3020 voice    zedand00@sound.net