Re: $2 K machines

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 23:28:44 EEST

Seeing the continuing stream of 20 K machine remarks,
I just can no longer hold back a commercial break-in:

For true concept modelling even 20 K is far too expensive.
A true concept modeller needs to be personal and instantly
available, and therefore be idle most of the time.
So 20 K is too expensive, my suggestion would rather be 2 K.

Impossible ?
See the small 3-axis CNC milling machine called Modela
on our Web Site: is does cost 1,000.00 USD only.
In combination with our DeskProto software it can do RP
based on STL files.

For more information about our view on concept modelling
see my paper called 'DeskProto - redefining concept modelling'
in the annual review 'Prototyping Technology International 98'.
Very worthwhile reading material for any list-member anyway:
contains ca 50 papers from all major companies active in RP.

You can inquire for this book at:
UK & International Press
fax +44 1306 742525
email prototyping@ukintpress.com

Again: apologies for the commercial intrusion.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling
mailto:info@spline.nl
website:http://www.spline.nl