questions about my.... ( you fill in the blanks)

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 16:16:43 EEST

>nothing that's any good works by itself, just to please you; you got to
>make the damn thing work.

Love that statement....he probably was my kinda man.

Many of you questioned my sanity, vision, religion, and company's vision.
While I appreciate your concern for my health and well being, I am more
concerned about where the RP technology is heading and if it's listening to
the general population.

Having participated in the personal computing industry growth, I remember
when 8Mh was the top of the line and the software written could not even
challenge it. It had taken almost 15 years for the technology to drift
into homes and even so that market is still virgin. I am waiting for the
one that sits in my kitchen and helps me prepare dinner...like a portable
magazine that I can flip pages on....small maybe just a flat screen with
wireless connection to a larger system that sits in my office, large print,
voice activated, and responds to my questions. (You thought RP was all I
wanted).

Many times before I asked why many sit on this list and listen but until a
few weeks ago, no one really answered it. Finally someone said they did not
want to be embarrassed if they screwed up (either typos or inflammatory
words to someone). People also do not want their creations subjected to
such criticisms. Like Joe DeGuglielmo we all want to be wanted and liked
(and we do like you Joe and your comments). I see many minds each year
that could be more active, challenged, and allowed to participate in their
on going education, if a cheaper 3D printer existed.

Am I pushy, demanding, hostile, turned against RP. Not in this lifetime!
I am looking for ways to get people contributing (I read messages from all
kinds of new folks all with interesting points of views WOW Wee). Why is
that important to me...... first, we need input to understand what is
needed and wanted, second, we need the right people to understand the
potential market, and last of all and most important, everyone needs a
voice in making it happen. Thanks for responding.

I just love throwing gasoline and watching the sparks,

Insanity sets me apart,

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html