OT: RE: [Fwd] Low-End Workstations

From: James Ogg (OggJ@Helisys.com)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 18:53:47 EEST

Why is it that these studies neglect so many options to
present a binary problem formulation?

For example, LINUX is a UNIX workalike that runs on Intel-based
hardware. This
results in UNIX functionality at PC price/performance. I use it on my
home
computer. My work cumputer is a high-end NT workstation,
that can do almost as much as my cheap home computer with the free
operating system. More famous uses of LINUX include visual effects for
the movie "Titanic" ( http://www.msnbc.com/news/139296.asp )