Re: cheap stl viewer

From: Bert VandenBerg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 30 1998 - 20:25:32 EEST

gerd@iware.com wrote:

> I am looking for the cheapest possible tool that will be able to:
>
> -visualize points and polygons (500.000)
> -cut sections
> -maybe handle some colour functions height dependent (does not have to)
> -polyginises
> -stl and ascii I/O

Innovmetric has a suite of programs that you might consider:
-Imview is a program for viewing polygonized models.
-Imconvert is a program that converts between point formats, and can
export section profiles.
These programs are included with the "main" programs, IMalign,
IMmerge and IMedit. These programs handle colour, create and
edit polygonized models.
It certainly is capable of handling large models (100K - 1000K
polygons), and runs on NT and SGI/IRIX platforms.

Prices start at $4,000(US). Hymarc is now an authorized distributor.

For more information you can check out Innovmetric's website:
www.innovmetric.com

--
Bert van den Berg                   E-mail: bert@hymarc.com
Hymarc Ltd.                           http://www.hymarc.com