Re: Information about Z402 3D printer

From: Marina Hatsopoulos (marina@zcorp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 30 1998 - 20:14:52 EEST

Ling Wai Ming wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
> Could anyone tell me more information about the Z402 3D printer? What
> is the use of this printer, and how it builds a model.
>
> Thanks
> Jason Ling

Z Corporation has commercialized an MIT-patented technology that
radically streamlines the process of creating three-dimensional
appearance models from CAD files. Z Corp.'s Z402 system can build such
models about 10-20 times faster than any other commercially available
rapid prototyping system. In addition, because of its relatively modest
base price (about $59,000) and reliance on inexpensive, nontoxic
materials, the Z402 system is uniquely suited to in-house installation
alongside the half million 3D CAD systems currently installed
worldwide. The Company sold its first beta unit in 1996 and is now
selling commercial units; its customer list includes Whirlpool, Kodak,
Toyota and Baxter Healthcare.

Zcorp. believes that the Z402 system's unmatched speed will
revolutionize the design cycle by allowing the designer the opportunity
to make multiple iterations within hours early in the design process.
This tool will improve part visualization and communications while
enhancing creativity and reducing the number of design flaws. The
ultimate benefit will be to shorten the design cycle time and allow
manufacturing firms to reduce their time to market with new products.
Zcorp. can be found on the Internet at www.zcorp.com.

Marina Hatsopoulos
President
Z Corporation