More CATIA Q's

From: DAN DAVIS, RAPID PROTOTYPE (DANIEL@PMISD.PROTON.com.my)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 11:44:14 EET

Since there seems to be quite a few CATIA experts out there, here's
another puzzle that I am facing.......what is the cause of planes
jutting out from the part in an STL file? The STL translator appears to
be trying to connect a reference point out in space to a point or points
on the part.

My CAD operators say the the "no show" and "no pick" pages are blank and
that they have run a "CAD clean" function, but we still get these
planes. There seems to be no pattern either as several files from one
guy will be good and another bad, so I can' seem to pinpoint operator
error.

Any clues?

Regards,
> Dan Davis
> Division Head, RP&M
> Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Berhad (PROTON)
Hicom Industrial Estate
Batu 3 PO Box 7100
Shah Alam, Selangor D. E.
40918 MALAYSIA