Re: ROI for RP machine ownership

From: Preston Smith (preston@europa.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 17:09:07 EET

At 07:22 AM 3/26/98 -0600, Thomas, Rich wrote:
>I am also currently in the process of determining at what threshold it
>makes sense to own and operate a RP machine in house. I am interested
>in getting information to do a ROI analysis if anyone can recommend a
>good source.
>Thanks, Rich Thomas
>>----------
Thomas,

I have a column appearing in the forthcoming April 1998 issue of CAE
magazine ("Make Time-to-Market Technologies a Bottom-Line Issue," page 78)
that may answer some of your question or at least provide you with a
methodology for approaching it. Financial justification for rapid
prototyping is also covered in Chapter 2 of our book, "Developing Products
in Half the Time: New Rules, New Tools, John Wiley, 1998.

Regards,
Preston Smith CMC

New Product Dynamics tel: +1 (503) 248-0900
Portland, Oregon USA fax: +1 (503) 294-1192