Rebuilding uncle's jaw.

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 14:36:05 EET

>From: "C.McArdle" <cmca@snet.net>
>My uncle has been diagnosed with cancer in his gums and part of his jaw on
>one side is going to have to be removed, leaving a thin section of jawbone
>remaining. I recall awhile back discussion regarding medical applications,
>but I can't recall who and what.

The best contact is Dr. Stephen Schmidt out of San Antonio, Texas. I do not
have his address or phone number but I think he retired from the AF and is
still in that area. He is well know for his work using RP in the dental and
medical reconstruction of facial bones involving teeth and such. Does
anyone have his contact information? Are you listening Stephen?

Elaine
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html