RE: chess set

From: Deak, Steve (SDeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 19:15:48 EET

Elaine:

This is post-processing course 201 (undergraduate stuff)!

Go to the grocery store , Wal-Mart, or drug store and get your favorite
RIT dye color (s). Use only 1 gallon of water for each RIT dye pack.
Immerse the finished, cured, sanded, bead blasted parts in heated dye
liquid (100-120 degrees F) for 30-90 seconds, depending on the desired
tone. Use a gloved hand to keep the parts moving and achieve even color.
Lightly blow dry the dyed pieces with shop air to avoid water marks on
your parts. Spray coat with clear acrylic paint to return your tinted
pieces to translucency. Use a brush or cotton-tip applicator for
recessed areas where spray coat application is not possible.

Bon appetite!

Steve Deak e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Manager-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro, Incorporated fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 USA "Our Business is FUN!"