Urethane castings & Acidic solution

From: William LeBlanc (leblanw@concept-plus.com)
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 13:30:47 EET

I need to cast some parts with a material that has the following
caracteristics: Low mixed viscosity, High tear strength, low
durometer (30 to 50), good elongation (300% and up), fast cure AND
that will perform and maintain it's properties when immersed 24
hrs/day, 7days/week in a acidic solution (pH 3.5-4.0).

Any recommendations. Any experiences good or bad.

CIBA chemists have told me that their soft urethanes will degrade
when immersed in the acidic solution but they cannot give me a life
expectancy on the casted parts or how fast the parts will
deteriorate.

Thank you in advance.

William LeBlanc, ing.
Concept + Inc.