SURVEY:Color in RP

From: michael rees (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 00:30:37 EET

Dear RP-ML,

I'm currently writing a speculative article about color in Rapid
Prototyping. I'd like to get feed back from the RP community as to where
people stand on this.If you could fill out the following questionaire
and return it to me I'd appreciate it. Just hit the respond button in
your email program. And respond.

description of terms
Solid color-a single or bi color rp model
full photo-resolution color- a multi colored rp model which corresponds
to the color and texture applied in a rendered cad image.

Have you considered the application of color in rapid prototype
models?(y or n)

Do you currently use solid color models? (y or n)

Would you use photo resolution color if it were no more expensive than a
solid color model? (y or n)

Would you use photo resolution color if it were 20% more expensive than
a solid color model? (y or n)

40% more expensive? (y or n)

On average, how much time do you spend post processing a model for
aesthetic purposes? (sand the steps out, prime the model, finish coat,
add graphics, etc.,.) choose one-- 2hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 16 hours,
never.

Do you use your rp models to propose product ideas to experts?(y or n)

Do you use your rp models to propose product ideas to non experts?(y or
n)

What percentage of your models are form fit and function?

What percentage of your moels are only form and fit?

Any additional comments:

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

--
michael rees SCULPTOR 		http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/
1212 w 8th St. Bldg B #2, 	816 753 3020 voice    zedand00@sound.net