APM Inc. - Ciba drawing die resin

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 01:45:04 EET

Bruce,

Thank you very much for your detailed reponse to my questions. I shared
your information with our pattern shop foreman and he was familar with the
accelerators and "lightners" you mentioned. Since our pattern shop is not
temperature or humidity controlled (other than heat in the winter) we have
to use some work-arounds to use this resin (Ciba RP 6470) successfully.
The shop foreman says that they have to cast it and then pull it out of the
mold ASAP, then they put it back into the mold and recast a face coat on it
to fill in for the shrinkage. This seems like a more time consuming method
but given our facilities budget, I guess this is what we have to live with
for now.
Again, thanks for your suggestions.

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft