Re:

From: Alain BERNARD (bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 10:12:25 EET

David,

I published two years ago in Stuttgart and another in Boston on a paper on
stereolithography process qualification where we presented different test
parts made in different configurations (positions in x and y, orientation
around x and z axis, etc...) and we used a Tagushi approach in order to
minimize the number of test parts. If you are interested, I can send you
the paper jointed to an e-mail.

Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

A 22:28 23/02/98 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>David:
>
>My approach is
>
>Resolution: Measure the radius at the intersection of two and/or three
planes.

>Accuracy: Measure enough parts to establish the process capability to print
>tolerances, in the x, y, and z directions.
>
>Surface finish: Compare your RP parts at 45 degrees to and parallel to the
>build plane with the usual machioning standards, or use instrumentation.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Tom Richards, Metallurgist
>

>At 08:09 PM 2/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>Has someone finally developed definitions for feature size, dimensional
>>accuracy, etc.?

Prof. Alain BERNARD Tel : + 33 (0)3 83 91 27 29
Professeur d'Universite + 33 (0)3 83 91 20 09
CRAN ESA CNRS 7039 Fax : + 33 (0)3 83 91 23 90
UHP Nancy I - ESIAL
BP n° 239, 54506 - VANDOEUVRE Cedex - FRANCE
e-mail : bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr http://www.cran.u-nancy.fr