(no subject)

From: mariner (ktk770@novell6.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 10:08:52 EET

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:08:31 GMT
Subject: Re: surface from cloud data

Just another sharing about reverse engineering, I am not a seller or
whatsoever, and not trying to advertise for any reverse engineering
software. But last year while performing some testing on CAD system
with regards to point clouds, we found out that there is also a
limitation of the number of points, the CAD software is able to take
in. My colleague had the problem of importing the IGES file from
Digiboitc II. I was stuck for quite sometime, until I started to
reduced the number of points, by say 75%, 50% and 25% of the original
data cloud. True enough as I suspected, only the original file was
not able to be imported into the CAD system. Further check with the
vendor, the feedback was they also think that that is the problem. I
am not too sure whether the other CAD software suffers the same fake.
 but certainly does for our package.

Mariner Kwok
Student
U of Birmingham