Re: Remote Monitoring of SLA machine(s)

From: pjiang@exmgfkgw.tmit.ac.jp
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 18:21:58 EET

Hello:

we are doing the research on servicing and maintaining RP-orieneted
tele-manufactuing on Internet. An applet-servlet pair "TeleRP" is
being developed for:
* submitting and queuing a part to a selected manuf. site;
* monitoring the user's task in any remote place;
* managing multiple manuf. sites;
* starting collaborative work between the user and the fabricator by
   using low-cost chat & whiteboard environment;

Here, we use two web cameras (Axis NetEye) to monitor both the
worktable and the buildsttion screen of RP machine. If your computer
is connected with Internet and installs a browser like netscape's
navigator, you can view your task in any place.

Up to now, the development of "TeleRP" is still in the middle way.
But you can run it in our web pages.

For further information, you can visit our web pages at:
             " http://krmgfks5.tmit.ac.jp/~pjiang/ji-indexENG.htm"

Hopefully this mesage is useful for you.

Best wishes,

Jiang, Ping-Yu
Dr.Ping-Yu Jiang, JSPS Research Fellow
c/o: Prof. Shuichi Fukuda
Dept. of Production Information and Systems Engineering
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology
6-6, Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191
Japan
Tel: +81-425-83-5111 ext.4212 or 4601
Fax: +81-425-83-5119