Remote Monitoring of SLA machine(s)

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 07:48:29 EET

Dear RP-MLer's:

I'm interested in your experiences with remote monitoring of SLA machines.
"Remote" monitoring could include the use of cameras in the vat and/or
viewing of the buildstation screen, internet/intranet e-mail notification,
paging, telephone call, etc.

I'd like to hear about the pros and cons, whether it's worth it for just
one machine, pitfalls, problems to look out for, what problems could
reasonably be solved by remote dial-in, etc.

Also, has anybody tried Materialise's Rapid Prototyping Web Watch (RPWW)
software?

Any information would be extremely helpful....

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft
E-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net