Re:3D scanning

From: Vdub1963@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 20:10:30 EET

Yes, as on a daily basis our scanning technique utilizes a 6 axis CMM with
curved hard probes for digitizing complex geometry or surfaces. However, this
is not to say that it can do ALL complex surfaces as some may be too difficult
to probe. We can scan by time or increments - in other words, we can scan (at
option) every .062" or 30 points per second and then apply a surface to the
captured points. If the cylinder head is anything like the VW head then i
think that it is very possible.

Best regards,
Jim Pike
1305 Main St.